Thursday, May 29, 2008

RENT

Finally watched Rent last Thursday, copy courtesy of Von(Thanks!).

The opening song is actually memorable because it was played during our college graduation.
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure,
measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In
inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In 525,600 minutes - how do you
measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love?
Measure in love.
Seasons of
love.

I love musicals, and I love seeing the characters doing their song and dance. Though at the end of the movie, I was thinking what can I learn from the movie?. The movie revolves around a neighborhood of AIDS/HIV people with love story between lesbians and gays. I just don't understand how in the midst of AIDS can you still long for sex? (in the case of Mimi and Roger) Is there no resolution after having contacted the sexually transmitted disease? I'm not saying they don't have the right to be happy during whatever time they have left, but libido running wild is something else, even though they do it with people who have the disease too. The only thing I learned is how everyone needs friends.

this doily was made @ 11:43 AM 
Comments: Post a Comment