Sunday, January 09, 2005

notables of King Arthur

I was able to watch King Athrur last week on DVD. It was a nice movie as I was able to bear watching it twice. Clive Owen starring as Arthur is handsome and has a very nice voice (and I have always love that British accent!). It's just the first time I was able to appreciate this actor and I am not sure wether or not I have seen any other movie of his.

I like the angle in the movie that Arthur is torn between wanting to be a Roman and fighting for the Briton. It's also a twist that Arthur has been hoping for something that exists only in his mind.




But the line that struck me is when Arthur said "Without faith, what are we". I agree with that line so much.

As I understand, Faith is believing the things we hope for, belief of things we don't see. And this faith moves us to be what we are, to speak, think and decide. And indeed without faith we are nothing. That I believe, that every human needs something to hope for and be the reason for our living. Although, for many where to place their faith is a life struggle. Some choose to place faith in money, some in carreer, some in a status in life, some in particular time... but I choose to put my faith in God.

this doily was made @ 10:11 AM 
Comments: Post a Comment